VCPAC wishes to highlight some of the important information coming through school board meetings generally, and tonight's meeting specifically. I encourage you to take a little time to scroll through the agendas when you have a chance:
School Plans: This is an area where you can connect with principals and vice-principals at your school and have that direct input that is an important part of your role as Parent Advisory Councils. The District is working on processes and connecting with their strategic plan. Here's a quote from the agenda package:
"Throughout the 2022-2023 school year, we focused on the messy process of developing meaningful goals through building trust, being curious, engaging in ongoing feedback and celebrating success.
- In our discussions, we asked Principals and Vice-Principals to reflect on their school goals, and consider the following:
- How do you deepen conversations in your school around assessment literacy, instructional planning, social-emotional learning, and communicating student learning?
- How do you create opportunities for collaboration?
- Where do you see evidence of innovation and inquiry?
- How do you challenge the structures that are perceived barriers?
- How do you establish and maintain high and achievable expectations for all learners?
- How do you encourage student and community voice?
- How do you intentionally align your time, money and resources in support of your
Our schools will publish their respective School Goals on their respective websites, and for ease please click here to access the School Goals." Here is the link to the school goals for all District schools:
Some important annual reports for the 2022-23 school year were approved by the Board today:
Enhancing Student Learning Report
Financial Statement Discussion and Analysis Report
Also submmitted were some plans:
Multi-Year Financial Plan 2023-26
This is the first time this district has done a multi-year plan and this will be an item that is updated each year.
Draft Climate Action Plan
A lot of work has gone into this plan and it will be good to see how implementation of these items moves foward with this essential and urgent work.
You can see all of these items in the Agenda Package for tonight's meeting:
And you can watch the meeting here:
//www.youtube.com/@sd61schoolsboardmeetings" style="font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px;">https://www.youtube.com/@sd61schoolsboardmeetings
Please contact VCPAC if you have any questions.